Boiler breakdowns in Windsor, Twickenham and Dorking
If you need a boiler repair quickly and outside of normal hours, you can call "UK Engineers" and book your emergency boiler repair 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have skilled engineers standing by in the Windsor, Twickenham and Dorking areas ready and willing to sort out your boiler breakdown. Our pricing structure is fair and transparent and based on average local rates.
A boiler breakdown is a stressful experience particularly at the weekend or in the evening, but UK Engineers' dedicated team of engineers are on hand to carry out your boiler repair and restore your system to good working order. All our engineers have many years of experience working with all the major brands, including Glow Worm, Vaillant, Baxi, Potterton and Biasi.
All our engineers are local enabling them to respond quickly to your boiler breakdown.
A guide below to boiler breakdowns.
- 1. No hot water : Firstly is boiler firing up when calling for water, if yes check flow and return on boiler, if flow or return on boiler hot , likely to be diverter. ( there are other causes, like blocked plate to plate/Boiler)
- Calling for hot water but not firing up : Likely cause to be flow switch. (but can be Micro switch not making due to diaphragm split, or pump not working to 100% due to dirty system).
- Boiler not firing up : is it sparking, if so, does it fire up go out, fire up again go out and lock out. Likely to be flame detection/electrode (but could be gas valve).
- Boiler not working on hot water or heating : Called for hot water and heating, boiler not firing, check to see if fan is working, if not check voltage to fan, if you have 240 volts to fan, but not working then the fan is the cause, no voltage to fan means the main PCB board is the fault.
- Boiler not working no lights on controls : Called out to boiler not working, no lights on boiler controls. Check fuse on main 3 amp spur and fuse on main PCB board, if these are ok then replace PCB board (some boilers have more than one PCB board so further checks may be needed to fit correct board if more than one).
- Boiler overheating : Called out to boiler overheating, main cause for this, dirty systems. The dirty system can cause many issues within the boiler, from pump, diverter to plate to plate to name a few.